January 26, 2008

nice week

This week has been interesting, I have been dreaming stamps and strange images of designs and all sorts of things. I have been finding new ways to get inspired and I am in a real need to start some artwork. I have some ideas in mind already I just need to translate them and put on paper. As a self taught artist I sometimes find very hard to put my thoughts and ideas on paper, I need some training I think. I just don't know where to start.

Anyway, I am happy because yesterday one of my stamps got featured on Rare Bird Finds. Love the site, a lot of interesting things to find there and love the bird too.
Custom Return Address Hand carved Stamp

I found out by one person that inquired about my stamps. The featured Stamp on Rare Bird Finds is this Return Address Hand Carved Stamp that I designed, it is custom made and I think is very charming. So it was really nice to know that others find my work interesting, it makes me to want to continue this even further.

Talking about different things, I run a group called Craft Matchbox Swap on Flickr.com. I am getting to know a lot of really nice and interesting people from all over the world there. This group is a SWAP group, we exchange a Matchbox with craft goodies. But is not just any common matchbox that we exchange, the matchbox has to be decorated according to a theme that we choose. This month's swap is Valentine's Day, and it is nice to see all the pictures of the nicely prepare matchbox with all those fun surprises. If any of the readers of my blog is interested, I invite you to join us; it is very interesting and fun.
here is the LINK
Matchbox I decorated for Spring 2007


Well, I have to go back to work and I hope everybody stays warm (or cool). Here in the Midwest of the United States has been extremely cold but life continues ;)

15 comments:

Jodie said...

Your stamps are just spectacular. I shall visit your etsy shop very soon with a special request (I hope).

paperseed said...

That custom stamp is very sweet, and I love your little matchboxes.

Anonymous said...

wow you musy be a very accomplished stamp carver to get the lettering so perfect!
Love it.

Lauren said...

I love that address stamp. Amazing!

Ellie Garratt said...

What sweet matchboxes :)

Anonymous said...

I love your stamps. They are so cute. And your handwriting is beautiful and your hands very precise. Like your custom stamp - it' almost unbeliveble you done it by hand.

macati said...

hi!
oh, I LOVED the idea of the stamp...

/// said...

Oh a craft matchbox swap?! That sounds like SOOOO much fun! :)

Unknown said...

Very cute blog, I just discovered you fro the Etsy forums! I'm so glad I visited.

Annie said...

Keep working your designs as I LOVE your work. I saw that you were on Rare Bird designs and was very impressed. Your work is very special.

Vickie E said...

Magda, Did you receive my email? I hope so as I don't want to you to think I ignored your comments to me! Please let me know, thankS

mushroommeadows said...

congratulations on being featured!!!

Melissa said...

I love your stamps and have been enjoying the tags you made and I purchased through etsy.

FRIZZ said...

Hey, hey you make my day!
Please see my blog
if you want to play!!

I nominated you for the Make My Day Award.

Janaina said...

How much do u ask for a home address like that one u show here? It's just toooooo cute....:o)