February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

Today is Valentine's Day so I squeezed a little craft project on this day. I made a Valentine hair clip. At the beginning I did not have idea what to make (I knew a wanted to make a hair accessory) but since I love felt I came with the idea of cutting a felt heart with pinking shears. I added a smaller heart shape on top and stitched together with embroidery floss. Then I thought to add a bead or a button on the center, then I looked around and I saw a box with ribbons laying around and inside some little roses I had, so I stitched a little rose instead the bead/button.
Last step was to glue the finished heart to a barrette, I did this using hot glue gun. I think they will be nice as pins too. I will make many of these for next year's Valentine's day and give them as a little Valentine present for friends. Here are a couple photos.